MHLS Member Library staff, trustees, Friends and patrons are encouraged to attend Library Advocacy Day in Albany N.Y., sponsored by the New York Library Association (NYLA).
Your Voice Matters
Each year library advocates from across New York State converge on Albany to voice their support for funding and policies that benefit libraries. Your attendance can make a BIG impact. Join us for meetings with your NYS representatives to make the case that Libraries ARE Education! and should receive funding increases and infrastructure investments that respect our role in the community.
MHLS makes the day easy!
· Online Advocacy Day Briefing: February 19th @10:00am
· Coordinated bus transportation along the NYS Thruway*
· All appointments are made centrally through MHLS
Registration Option 1:
Drive to Albany
Register through the MHLS online calendar (below)
*Registration Option 2:
Take the Bus! ($9 a person, payment details below)
PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE)
· West Nyack 6:45 a.m. (Palisades Center)
· Newburgh 7:30 a.m. (Newburgh Mall)
· New Paltz 7:45 a.m. (Thruway Exit 18 Parking Lot)
· Kingston 8:15 a.m. (Thruway Exit 19)
· Catskill 8:40 a.m. (Thruway Exit 21)
Leaves Albany at 3:30 p.m.
Refreshments, advocacy information and schedule of appointments will be provided on the bus.$9 per person pre-paid; make checks payable to "RCLS" and mail to Ruth Daubenspeck c/o RCLS, 619 Route 17M, Middletown, NY 10940-4395.